Known as the old Cave Creek gas station, Big Earl’s Greasy Eats was designed as a station for Standard Oil in 1935 and patented in 1936. In 1936, Phoenix had 127 service stations, 14 of which were Standard Oil stations. Today, the Cave Creek station, Big Earl’s Greasy Eats, is the only known surviving example of a 1930s art deco Standard gas station in the greater Phoenix metropolis. Now a world famous restaurant, the former station originally was located on 19th Avenue in Phoenix and was moved to Cave Creek in 1952. It functioned as a Standard station until the late 1980s. Open 364 days a year, Big Earl’s Greasy Eats serves breakfast, lunch and dinner.